Monday, November 06, 2006

Good Sounds & Bad Sounds

We'll start with the good sounds. Last night, we were all playing together when Andy started to imitate the sound of the sirens we hear outside our window from the nearby police station. Isabella thought it was the funniest thing she had ever seen or heard. She seriously laughed hysterically every time Andy did this and it probably went on for at least five minutes. I would have loved to have gotten video of it, but it was a moment that I didn't want to mess up by trying to capture. The memory of it is sweet enough anyway.

OK, onto the bad sounds. Isabella is starting the phase when she whines when she doesn't get her way. For example, yesterday, she was playing near our computer cords. I removed her from the area and placed her in the hall with her toys, shutting our bedroom door behind me. As soon as I put Isabella down, she started crying because she wanted to play in the bedroom with the computer cords. Thankfully, she is easily distracted and this only lasts for a few seconds. Still, I know that those tantrum days are around the corner, and I'm not looking forward to them.

Earlier in the week, we had some beautiful weather, so I took Isabella outside to play in the grass. We generally can't play outside for too long because Isabella wants to put everything she touches into her mouth.


SCRAPBOOK PAGES

I decided to do another page from our visit to the pumpkin farm since we took so many pictures.
Journaling reads: "It seemed like the day when we would see you in your Halloween costume would never arrive. Uncle Jeff bought you this lion outfit several months before you were even born. Halloween came and went last year and we just looked at the costume, still on its hanger, and tried to imagine how our baby would look in it. We still had a whole year to wait. Here we are now, one year later. Seeing you in that costume was definitely worth the wait. You looked cuter than we had even imagined."

No comments: