Since the weather was beautiful and that walk wasn't the most enjoyable, we took another walk, package-free, through the downtown area. It was kind of a surreal experience. Andy was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and we heard Christmas music playing throughout the streets. For a moment, we forgot that we were in Pennsylvania.
We think that Isabella is going through another growth spurt. Earlier in the week, she was eating almost as much as us at supper time. She's also been taking longer naps this week and even took three naps on Tuesday instead of just two. I really think that she woke up from that third nap looking a little older.
Here's our pics from the week:
Playing in the living room

What a sweetheart!

Looking so grown up

She's been getting up on her tip toes a lot lately

Enjoys being free of clothes

Her upper teeth have just about poked through. We can't feel them yet, but when we look inside her mouth, we can see the ridges of her new teeth. Any day now, they'll break through. As a result of her teething, she has been chewing on EVERYTHING!

Enjoying another beautiful fall day

Yummy toes!
Isabella's starting to pull up onto the furniture with just one arm. She's also cruising around one-handed - one hand holding onto the furniture and the other holding onto a toy. She's definitely getting stronger. Still, I don't think she's really close to walking on her own just yet. Whenever we go walking with her, she walks really well when we're holding onto both hands, but as soon as we let go of one hand, she stops and drops to her knees - afraid to walk with the support of only one hand. From what I observe of her, she is a very cautious girl. She doesn't seem to attempt things until she's really sure that she can do it. My mom says that I was the exact same way. I'm still a pretty cautious person. I suppose there are worse traits that she could have picked up from me, and I think that my level of caution over the years has probably kept me out of a lot of trouble. I know that Isabella will walk when she's ready. She has her whole life to walk, so for now we'll let her enjoy the crawling stage.

5 comments:
hey wow very beautiful pics of kid
Isabella is a beautiful baby!!!
Sounds like you guys are having a beautiful fall! We've had some great temperatures too, the only thing we lack are the colorful leaves that fall to the ground. They turn brown (maybe yellow if we are lucky) and fall off around mid November - beg. December. I wish I could get pictures of Gabriel playing in the leaves! Those are my favorite pictures of Isabella (in the leaves).
Awww maybe she'll be a ballet dancer like her unlce tom and how like her mommy back when you were younger! :-D She's so adorable! I cannot wait until you guys come home for the holidays!
Love you!
She's soo cute and growing up so fast! I love the 2nd picture from your post this week. Hope all is well out there!
Post a Comment