
So, I wrote in the last post about how I wasn't overly concerned about Isabella's lack of actual words at this point. Well, a few hours after I wrote that, I let my anxieties get the better of me; and unfortunately they have been with me throughout the weekend. I decided to look online at what other kids Isabella's age are doing and some have these long lists of words that they're already saying. That, along with all the milestone charts that say kids should have at least 3-5 words by this point, really led to my anxiety-filled weekend. Tonight, we watched a video of Andy when he was about six months older than Isabella is now and that somewhat lessened my fears since he wasn't really talking much (actually I didn't hear him say one word) in the video. It's funny how a man who is so verbal now was so quiet as a kid. Anyway, he turned out fine (for the most part - ha, ha!) so I'll try not to worry so much about Isabella. Upon advice from others, we are working more at teaching her some sign language. This was something we were doing a little, but not consistently enough to really get anywhere with it. Hopefully this will give her other means of communicating other than just pointing at everything.
This week is Spring Break for the college and seminary. It feels so funny to have spring break when it is still very much winter outside. Still, the week will have a slightly slower pace, so that will be nice.
Here's a picture that I took of me and Isabella. She's enjoyed playing with 'baby' lately. I'll say, "Bella, where's Baby?" and she'll go get her (most of the time). I'm trying to teach her different body parts by using the baby. She enjoys pointing at the eyes and mouth the most, just not when I ask her to do it.

I've had some difficulty getting a good picture of her as she just would not sit still long enough. Here she is running off to some other activity.

Her latest thing is getting her bowls or cups out of the cupboard and carrying them around as if she's drinking out of them. So silly sometimes!

I just discovered that Bear's hands are velcroed together, so I decided to give Isabella a bear hug. She looked adorable as she walked around with this big bear attached to her.

Daddy and Bella snuggle time. This lasted for all of two minutes and then she was on the go again.

Another page of the nephews. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment