Bella has learned two new signs these past couple of days: 'dog' and 'drink'. I noticed her doing the dog sign when we were watching a Baby Einstein video. Later, we were looking through a picture book, she saw a dog and did the sign again. Then, when I was changing her diaper I asked her to show me the sign for 'dog' and she did it. She also started doing the sign for 'drink' though with this one, I think she is more mimicking us than actually knowing what it means. Still, the fact that she is even doing it is encouraging. She hasn't caught on to 'all done' or 'more' yet which is surprising since we use those all the time and they are pretty easy.
Bella has also learned where her tongue is. We'll ask her, "Where's Bella's tongue" and she will stick it out for us! She'll also point to her hair when we ask and sometimes she'll point to our eyes.
Andy's heading back to Wisconsin tomorrow for a church conference in Appleton. So, it's going to be a girl's weekend for me and Bella. Andy will be coming back on Monday afternoon. I hope these teeth quit bothering Bella or it may shape up to be a long weekend.
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SEASON

2 comments:
That is great that she is picking up her signs so quickly. Good luck with the molars!
Now if only I can get Gabriel to eat his veggies too!
I'm glad to hear the signing is going well!
Post a Comment