Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back in Jersey

On Thursday morning, we started the trek back to our home in New Jersey. Things were going pretty smoothly until we got pulled over in Indiana. How fast do you think we were going? 10 miles over? 15 miles over? Nope. Try three miles over. We got away with a warning and an order to adjust our speed. I guess we'll be extra careful next time we drive through Indiana. Shortly after being pulled over, it started to rain. The rain continued through the night and it really slowed us down; so we decided to stay the night just outside of Pittsburgh. Bella was happy to be out of the car. We started our homestretch on Friday morning and arrived at our house around 2:30pm. Our bags are unpacked, the laundry is done, the Christmas decorations are down, and there is food in the refrigerator. We're officially settled back in.

For Christmas, Andy surprised me with the camera I have been eyeing up all year! I still have a lot to learn, but here are a few of the photos I have already taken with it.

Bella at my parents' house I think that Andy looks so 'pastoral' in this photo
Another photo at my parents' houseI took a lot of random pics of things around the house in an attempt to learn more about this camera. The focus here is on the berry next to the apple. Bella sitting on our bed***Exciting news! Our nephew, Charles Curtis Meade, was born this morning at 2:14am! He weighs 7lbs. 7oz and is 21 inches - the exact same size as his older brother, Jacob! Congratulatiosn to the Meade family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You like your new camera? What did you get?

Elizabeth said...

I like the way the camera takes pictures. You really get some good shots of her blue eyes! What kind of camera is it?