Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring is HERE!!!

We enjoyed some beautiful days this weekend - mid to high 70s. Perfect! We spent a lot of time outside. I tried to take some pics of Bella but she was so not in the mood for that. Most of them look somewhat like this - her trying to get away from me and my camera.In this picture, she is actually telling me, "camera away, PLEASE!" I complied. She did, after all, say 'please'. Andy headed back to Wisconsin for a few days to officiate in a wedding of some good friends. Bella and I have been fending for ourselves while he's been gone. Up until tonight, I would say that everything has gone relatively smooth. I hit a little bump tonight. We have an alarm on our house. Normally Andy doesn't set it until right before we go to bed. Since I've been alone, I've been setting it pretty much after it gets dark. Just after I set it tonight, I went to change over some laundry. While I was moving it from the washer to the dryer, the washer lid slammed down; causing the alarm to go off (it will go off if a door/window opens and when there is a loud sound). Within seconds, I punched in the code and the alarm stopped. A few minutes later a woman from the alarm company called, checking if everything was alright. I told her that it was. A few minutes after that, two police officers show up to check things out. Embarrassed by it all, I told them everything was fine. While I was talking with them, my cell phone rings. It's a trustee from our church saying that he had been notified that our alarm went off. . . he's on his way. Thankfully I got back to him before he left the house. I wish I could say this is the first time I accidentally set the alarm off. . . the good news in all of this is that I have an even greater confidence in our security system.

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Bella is about the cutest thing! It's fun to see how she's grown, and you're such a good photographer! Thanks for sharing your life with us!
with love,
Heather :)

Elizabeth said...

You are such a good photographer! Love the layout to your blog too! I wish I knew how to do that. It's great!