The third and fourth grade classes sang at our school's Veteran's Day program. They did such a great job - so I wanted to show you. I missed the first verse, but you can get the idea. Graydon is off to the left, second row from the top, third person in.
Graydon helping me make pizza dough. It's kind of a messy process, which is why I decided to do six batches on this particular evening. We've got a little freezer stash to grab from for a little while.

Monkey Joes after church one day.

We pulled up to the house after school and, as I turned my head to talk to the kids in the back, I heard a thump on the windshield. I turned back to the direction of the thump and there was Salty there to greet us.

My brother, Jeff, turned 40 this year! Several of us flew down to Texas to celebrate with him. My other brother, Scott, has a birthday the day before, so we celebrated that too!

The birthday boys!

Jeff's wife, Steph, threw a fun party and we got to spend some time with my uncle and cousin who drove in from San Antonio.
We enjoyed a bonus day with my nieces, Sydney and Rose (who I didn't manage to get a photo with). We got donuts at Dunkin Donuts, lunch at Panera, and went to see 'The Star'. The times I usually see them are in Wisconsin when there is always so much going on. This time together was laidback and I feel like I really got a chance to connect with them - which I really enjoyed.

I flew out to Texas but drove back with my parents. On our way headed north, we stopped in Waco and visited the Magnolia Market.




We also got some cupcakes from the bakery.



I ordered the "campfire" which is s'mores flavored. It was really good.

The day after I got back home was Thanksgiving. We had our own little feast - just the five of us. I usually roast a chicken, but we decided on a turkey this year.



We even made up a plate for Mabel.

Napkin rings


No comments:
Post a Comment