Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Spring Break

When life gets busy, it's easy to let the less-than-urgent tasks slide. That's what I've done with this blog this past month. School projects and life responsibilities have needed my attention these past several weeks, but I'm happy to say that I turned in my last assignment of the semester yesterday. This has been my busiest semester yet and it feels so good to have it behind me. And now it's time to give some attention to the things that I've neglected - like updating this blog!

Our new furniture arrived!
IMG_3871

We're definitely getting a lot of use out of the reclining feature!
IMG_3874

Curtis made himself a tasty snack. I love when the kids take initiative in the kitchen.
IMG_8608

IMG_8609

One day over break, I took the boys and their friends to Urban Air. The kids love it there.
IMG_8625

IMG_8629

IMG_8631

IMG_8632

McDonalds for dinner.
IMG_8634

Movies and sleepovers. The boys were quite the night owls that night. Once midnight rolled around, I was spent. I started another movie, assuming that they'd all fall asleep sometime during the movie. It turns out they were up until 3am! Big time oops on my part. Curtis took a nap the next day.
IMG_8635

Curtis is ready to go, but Mabel says, "not so fast!"
IMG_8636

The boys got invited to dinner at Applebee's. . .
IMG_8638

IMG_8639

and roller skating. It's fun to find another set of brothers who are the same age as our boys.
IMG_8640

Meanwhile. . . Andy and Bella were on a church mission trip to North Carolina.
IMG_3893

They worked on restoring homes that were damaged in recent hurricanes.
IMG_4006

Bella had so much enthusiasm in her voice when we talked on the phone that first night. She didn't know what she'd be able to do, but they put her to work and she learned some new skills!
IMG_3909

IMG_3920

This mural was painted at the base of operations. The gray portion has a double meaning - it looks like the doppler image of a hurricane and also like a circular saw.
IMG_3935

Work crews that have come through are all signing it.
IMG_3926

Andy and Bella arrived home on Saturday, March 23rd. . . just in time for Andy's birthday the next day!

No comments: