Monday, April 29, 2019

This and That

These are just some random pictures that capture our life from this past month.

I just finished up my school counseling practicum at the elementary school in town. These are the two bulletin boards I put up this semester.
IMG_8664

IMG_8665

Yes, my ring is pretty. But I took a photo of my hand because of that bruise on my finger. I vaguely remember bumping it on a door frame, but I've never had a bruise on a finger before.
IMG_8676

Andy got to reconnect with a close friend and attend a conference in Indianapolis.
IMG_3949

Graydon won the Kindness award for the third quarter.
IMG_8769

Super proud of him!
IMG_8770

Girls night! We went to see the comedian: Chondra Pierce.
IMG_8771

Bella at our denomination's spring youth rally. She was disappointed at first when some of her closer friends weren't attending, but it just became a great opportunity for her to grow in new friendships.
IMG_3959

Friday night supper club. This group of friends have been getting together for dinner once a month for the past year. Usually we just take turns at each other's houses, but this month we decided to go out. Our times together are so much fun and I'm so thankful for these friendships.
IMG_8879

This guy is a pretty awesome hoola-hooper!
IMG_3967

I planted some bulbs in the fall (very quickly - and I think I dug the holes with a kitchen spoon) and they are growing! Tulips are my favorite flower. I think I need to add more bulbs to this little section of the yard (and do a better job with weeding).
IMG_8907

In the spring, the valley is covered with these purple flowers. They may be weeds, but I think they're pretty.
IMG_8908

Dress like your favorite book character day at school. Graydon loves The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. This made for a super easy costume.
IMG_8909

Salty looks like he's waiting for his dinner.
IMG_8918

She helped me frost some cupcakes, so I let her lick the bag. She is the messiest teenager I know.
IMG_3974

Our school hosted an Egg-Stravaganza. The kids went on an egg hunt that had math problems inside. For each problem that they got right, they earned a piece of candy.
IMG_8926

IMG_8927

Working out with Bella is definitely more fun than doing it alone.
IMG_8984

The days leading up to Easter were all gray and rainy. On the Saturday evening before Easter Sunday, I happened to look outside just around sunset time and saw a pink sky. The sun finally came out after what felt like days of unending gloom. It seemed kind of fitting. That pink sky over the cemetery reminded me that we have hope, even in the midst of death. Jesus gave us that hope, which we celebrated the next morning.
IMG_8990

Cool dude at big sister's track meet.
IMG_4003

Easter pics are coming!

No comments: