Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy Birthday, Graydon!

Graydon is TWELVE today!

2008

2009

2010

2011

2012

2013
IMG_3332

2014
IMG_4236

2015
DSC_0386_01

2016
DSC_0135_01


2017
DSC_0144_01

2018

2019
IMG_2567


This past year was definitely the year of "The Hair." He let it grow to new lengths this year. His last haircut was Thanksgiving 2019, so it has been growing out for over a year now. He is starting to hint about getting it trimmed up - I think the upkeep is beginning to get old, but he wears this long hair well. This was also the year of learning some new skills, specifically juggling and riding a unicycle. He also learned how to solve a 4x4 and 5x5 Rubik's Cube. These skills have been a lot of fun for him to learn and he is happiest when he gets to share them with others. Another area he is excelling in is math. I was working on some math homework with him and he was SO fast on his mental math. I'm talking multiplying two digit and three digit numbers. I can't do that in my head. He not only can do it, but can do it fast. I'm pretty amazed by how his brain works. Graydon is now halfway done with his sixth grade year, which means just one more semester of elementary school. He is SO looking forward to junior high. He always looks forward to growing up and to the next thing, so this is a big thing that he is excited about. Thankfully, he is beginning to see that being a kid still has a lot of benefits. And I'm glad that we still have several years before he is officially grown up. I am thankful for this boy and that we get to celebrate him today! 

Happy birthday, Graydon Andrew. Enjoy your special day!!!

No comments: