Saturday, February 20, 2021

Loving February

We were part of the 70% of our country that was hit with winter storms this past week. IMG_6051 Last week, we had three snow (e-learning) days and one two-hour delay. The previous week we had two snow days and a couple two-hour delays. It's a good thing we've learned how to do school from home. Otherwise, the school year would have had to be extended several days at the end of the year. 

Curtis took some initiative and came outside to help shovel without being asked. He is such a sweet kid. IMG_0336 He even cleaned off the van for Bella. IMG_6052 IMG_6053 All that snow has meant lots of backyard visitors! IMG_0337 Sledding and hot chocolate are a great couple.IMG_0338 IMG_0339 This girl now officially has her permit! IMG_6057 IMG_6058 She's had no choice but to learn to drive in the snow. This should make fair-weather driving seem that much easier for her! IMG_0341 Off we go! She'd done some driving in parking lots previous to this, but this was her very first drive on the roads. IMG_0343 The boys' biddy ball season was canceled, so the organization put together videos of basketball skills for the kids to practice. If each kid submits photos of them doing the drills, their name gets put into a drawing each week. The boys are doing a good job practicing their skills. They've had to practice in the basement due to all the snow. IMG_0677 IMG_0696 IMG_0735 IMG_0746 Valentine's Day was last Sunday. Bella made this chocolate cake and frosting from scratch. IMG_6073 I made the chocolate pretzels that I do every year. IMG_6074 And our traditional heart-shaped pizza. IMG_6075 I had some (non-alcoholic) strawberry diaquiri mix in the cupboard, so I decided to blend some up for the kids. IMG_6077 It was red, so it fit with the theme. IMG_6078 Andy captured this beautiful winter morning in our front yard. IMG_0360 Saturday morning is the one morning each week when I let myself sleep in a little bit. When I woke up today, I found this sweet face next to me. IMG_6087 Our temperatures are supposed to go up next week, so our yard is likely going to turn to mud. We decided to get a little more sledding in while we could. IMG_6093 IMG_6094

No comments: