Saturday, April 17, 2021

Easter

I've always considered myself a Christmas girl. It has always been my favorite holiday. But recently, I think I've switched over to Easter. I love the reason we celebrate Easter: Jesus's triumph over death and the hope we have because of Him. It's been a hard year (not necessarily for us personally, but all around us - and I feel that) and that hope is something that I find myself clinging to more and more. I also love that this holiday doesn't come with a lot of hustle and bustle. That makes it easier to focus on the meaning of what we are celebrating. 

Easter Sunday was perfect. The weather was exactly how you imagine and hope Easter to be like. Our kids are becoming pretty understanding about my need to get nice photos when they dress up. And they're getting pretty good at it as well - we set up the tripod and got this family photo in one shot! DSC_0155_01
DSC_0120_01 DSC_0126_01 DSC_0098_01 DSC_0133_01 DSC_0149_01 DSC_0152_01 DSC_0154_01 
We did our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Andy and I hid 91 eggs around the front and back yard. DSC_0159_01 DSC_0161_01 DSC_0172_01 DSC_0173_01 DSC_0174_01 DSC_0175_01
Bella being a goofball. 
DSC_0178_01 DSC_0179_01 
Time to open up the eggs to see what they found. DSC_0180_01 DSC_0181_01 DSC_0182_01 DSC_0183_01
 At this point, all of the eggs were counted and we discovered that there were still a few more eggs out there.DSC_0184_01 
The hunt continues. DSC_0185_01  
I gave the clue about an egg in the swingset area. All three kids were looking and no one saw it. (Hint - look near the bottom of Graydon's right foot). I eventually had to pretty much point right at it. DSC_0186_01 
Still a few more to find. DSC_0187_01 
Every year, one egg holds the grand prize: $5 and a chocolate bunny. Both Bella and Curtis have won this egg multiple times, but Graydon has never found it. Until this year! Easter 2021 is the year Graydon finally found the golden egg! It also happened to be one of the first eggs that got opened up. DSC_0191_01 DSC_0194_01 Money! Each of those slips of paper represent $1. DSC_0197_01 
We don't do little prizes anymore - just candy and money. DSC_0199_01 
Our grand prize winner! DSC_0202_01 
But wait. . . there's more! They still had baskets to find. Curtis found his first. I believe it was hiding in the master bathroom shower. DSC_0203_01 
Bella and Graydon's were a bit more challenging. They were still looking for their baskets 30 minutes after Curtis had found his. We eventually had to start giving them hints. Bella eventually found hers hidden on a top shelf in the garage. DSC_0204_01 DSC_0207_01 Graydon's was buried at the bottom of his hamper. Graydon officially has his own room now. This used to be our guest room. It's still in an in-between phase, but he doesn't seem to mind. He just enjoys having his own space. And Curtis doesn't mind having the other room to himself either. DSC_0208_01 DSC_0209_01 
Later that day, we decided to drive out to our land. I haven't been back since were purchased it in September. We hiked through the woods a bit and Bella drove the Jeep around. IMG_6383 IMG_6384 
I enjoyed all of our quality family time together. It is always my favorite.

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

What a great Easter. Fun day! I forget Bella is in drivers ed.