Friday, June 09, 2023

Track Banquet and the Last Days of School

The kids had their last day of school on Monday, 22nd. We celebrated that evening by going out to Cheddar’s. 

I still had to work until the end of the day on Friday. I will say, it was hard to find my work motivation my kids were all home. 

I had lunch in my office with some students and one of them had strawberries packed in her lunch. She had about three and they were all the size of apples! 

Mabel rarely barks and when she does, it’s because something is not quite right in the front yard. It’s usually trash blowing around, but this day she was very upset at the hammock that had fallen down. 

Graydon had his track banquet that Wednesday. He had a great season and is very motivated to improve on all his events for next year - especially high jump. 




Ahh. . . Friday afternoon - my last day of school! After leaving school, I drove to Columbus to treat myself to my favorite Starbucks drink (Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso). I never get Starbucks unless I have another reason to drive to town, but I decided to splurge on this day. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of walking out of the building on the last day of school, knowing that the whole summer is ahead. 

No comments: