The boys had school that day, so they said their goodbyes to Bella in the morning.
All packed up and ready to go!
The move-in process went pretty smoothly. It's nice that her dorm has an elevator. Shortly after we got everything in, Bella and her roommate had a meeting to attend. While they went to that, Andy went exploring on campus and I stayed back in the room and put some storage furniture together. Andy was so energetic, outgoing, and excited. I felt myself turn inward and get quiet. My emotions were just below the surface and I was using all my energy to keep myself from crying throughout the entire process. Putting together furniture was a good distraction for me.
We were able to help her get everything unpacked. She would later do all the finishing decorative touches.
Bella and her roommate, Taylor.
After all the unpacking and setting up, we went to dinner. I had envisioned taking her to a restaurant off campus, but she had another meeting at 7pm, so we just ate on campus. The minutes kept ticking by and before long, it was time for us to say our goodbyes. This is when I finally let myself cry. I knew this moment would be hard, and it was. But a good hard.
Raindrops started falling as we said goodbye. It was like the weather was feeling sad with me. The rain picked up as we drove home.
A good friend dropped off some wine and chocolate for me. I appreciated those comfort items that night.
We moved Mabel out of Curtis's room and into Bella's. She's found a new spot in the house to make a nest in.
Later on, Bella sent me some updated photos of her dorm room. Since this photo was taken, she added a bulletin board above her desk.
I sure miss having Bella at home, but it also comforts my heart to know that she is getting to have this college experience.
























No comments:
Post a Comment