Wednesday, September 04, 2024

My 44th Birthday

My morning started with eggs, bacon, toast, and fruit that Andy made me. I typically eat a granola bar, so this was a treat. 

Bella was away at college and Graydon had plans (I gave him permission the night before because I forgot about my birthday the next day), so Andy, Curtis, and I went out for a simple meal at Chick-fil-A. We planned to go out for a nice meal a few days later when Graydon could join us. I always get sad when my birthday ends anyway, so this gave me something else to look forward to. 

Such a festive, happy table. 

Time for cake and presents! I always feel like I'm shrinking whenever I am between these two. 

Andy made me a delicious ice cream cake with strawberry and chocolate ice cream. I love those two together. 

Anyone who does not work at an elementary school is really missing out when their birthday rolls around. All day long, kids were wishing me a happy birthday. I went to one classroom and the whole class started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Their teacher said it was all them - she didn't even tell them to do it. And I had so many handmade cards. I felt so loved and special. 

A few days later, we went out for my official birthday dinner at Taku. Since it was just four of us, we were seated in a part of the restaurant we had never sat in before. I didn't eat any of the sushi (not a huge fan), but it all looked so pretty, so I took pictures of it. 



I got some sweet and sour chicken, which is my absolute favorite at this restaurant. 

Andy went to the grand opening of a new cookie shop in Columbus where he has one of his claw machines. 

Turns out he's 52 cookies tall. 



No comments: