Sunday, January 11, 2026

Graydon's 17th Birthday

Hello 2026! I have some catching up to do!

Graydon turned 17th on December 31st. This collage was on our TV as part of his birthday decor.

He wanted Mexican for his birthday meal. By the time we were ready to go out, the place we intended to go was already closed. That's the breaks of having a birthday on a holiday. Thankfully there are many Mexican restaurants in our town and we found one that was open. Neither boy needs a menu when we go out for Mexican. No matter where we go, their order is always the same: Arroz con Pollo. (They love when I take their picture). 


Our birthday boy! 

He requested an ice cream cake and I was happy to deliver. The bottom layer was Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. The top layer was Chocolate Brownie. And the middle layer consisted of fudge and crushed Oreos. 

I hope he gets what he wished for!


We're normally in WI for his birthday, but this year was different because we were leaving for a cruise (our Christmas gift to the kids) the next day. We actually left around 2:30am the following morning, so I went to bed shortly after cake so I could rest up for the first leg of the trip. It was my first NYE in years that I didn't stay up until midnight. Graydon invited some friends over a couple weeks later for some belated birthday celebrating. His next birthday will be a BIG one!!!

No comments: