Wednesday, December 31, 2025

Happy 17th Birthday, Graydon!

  Graydon is SEVENTEEN today!

2008 

2009

2010

2011

2012 

2013
IMG_3332

2014
IMG_4236

2015
DSC_0386_01

2016
DSC_0135_01


2017
DSC_0144_01

2018

2019
IMG_2567

2020

2021

2022

2023

2024

I would say Graydon’s biggest accomplishment this past year is getting his driver’s license followed up by gaining about 30 pounds. His area of greatest discipline continues to be working out. He’s still a good student, though I’ve had to get on him a bit more this year about late/missing assignments. My goal for the coming semester is to back off and let him sink/swim on his own in that area. In June, he and his girlfriend, Kaycee, became an official couple and they are still going strong. We’ve started having conversations about plans after high school. He’s not quite sure what he’d like to do, so that will be an interesting time of self-discovery as we head into this next year. The best gift he received this past year was probably my dad’s car. My parents decided to downsize to one vehicle and Graydon was the lucky recipient of a 2017 Ford Taurus, which was a definite step up from the minivan he was previously driving! He is a typical teen in the sense that he likes to stay up late and sleep in even later. On a break or weekend, I’m usually trying to force him awake around noon.  Graydon is fun and funny, but can also be pretty stubborn. Thankfully, I think that side of him mostly comes out at home. His teachers all seem to love him. My favorite moments with him are when he’s in the mood to just talk and he lets his genuine self be seen (as opposed to the unserious, sarcastic self that he sometimes leads with). Those moments give me a real insight to the person he is and who he is becoming, and I really like that person. I’m so thankful that I get to be Graydon’s mom. Watching him grow up is truly one of my life’s greatest joys and I am grateful, as always, to celebrate him today. Happy Birthday, Graydon. I love you so much!

No comments: