The day we arrived was a little overcast, but we still got down to the beach in the early evening to put our feet in the water, fly a kite, and use the metal detector.

A big wave surprised Bella as I tried to take her picture.

Safe and dry on the sand.

Those are Bella’s footprints in the sand.

The boys taking a little rest after metal detecting.

The sun came out the next morning, so we made our way back to the water. It happened to be high tide, which isn’t as good to play in. After a little while, the boys headed back to the house. I had a good book, so I was content to stay. Bella stayed with me. We played in the waves together a little bit, she played some on her own while I read, and then we both spent some time relaxing and soaking in some sun.

While Bella and I hung out at the beach, the boys had a little crab feast.


Bella is a silly goose.

Plank competition! Andy was the winner.

My dear friend, Jen, drove out and we spent the day together. We grabbed lunch, walked through shops, and spent several hours on the beach. We never run out of things to talk about and the day always goes so fast. I loved being able to see her again this year.

Lazy mornings are the best.


Since the tide was high in the morning, it made for a great time to go swimming in the bay.

And also do a little hot tubbing.

Andy knows how to vacation.

Bella, Jane, and I did a little shopping. Time to mask up!


Waiting to go back to the beach.


I didn’t take my camera out as much each day at the beach, so I decided to make up for it this one day as everyone played in the water.










Some of their facial expressions are the best!








It’s hard to catch Graydon out of the water. I had to quick get him to turn and look before running back out again.


Curtis took a little break.

He went looking for shells - found a bunch of baby shells this year.


The kids are pretty good sports with all my picture-taking.








Watermelon martinis - summer in a glass!

Seagull footprints.

Bella and I took a walk along the water that night. The forecast for the next day (our last full day) called for rain. She wanted to visit the ocean one more time.



Seafood night! I believe Graydon had shrimp, scallops, crab cake, and possibly a little bit of flounder? I can’t tell by looking at that plate - and I can’t remember now!

Curtis’s plate was similar.

Bella had salmon.

We hadn’t gone out for ice cream yet, so we decided to go for it during a break in the rain the following day.


We spent that last day relaxing at the house. I was on my second book of the week, so I didn’t mind the rain one bit. That evening, Andy and the kids made one more bonus visit to the water.
And then Saturday arrived - always the saddest day because we have to pack up and say goodbye. Our week with Mimi is always so special and this year was no exception.

As always, we drove to Cinnaminson for a few more visits before making the trip back to Indiana. We spent a few hours with the Figiels and Popperts that afternoon. It’s always a highlight to catch up with them each year. Brooke just graduated with her nursing degree and was in the process of studying for her boards (which she passed a week or so later!) Maddie just finished up her freshman year of college and is working for Instacart this summer. These girls were going in to 4th and 1st grades when we first met them in 2007!

That evening was spent with the Krott family. We had our “annual sleepover.” The kids all have a great time together.



And it’s fun for the adults to hang out too!


The vacation may be over, but we have lots of pictures and memories of our fantastic week in New Jersey.

1 comment:
I want to share a testimony on how mr benjamin helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on 247officedept@gmail.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp +1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant.
Post a Comment