Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Wisconsin Visit

We arrived home from New Jersey around 10pm on a Sunday night. On Wednesday, the kids and I loaded up the Jeep and drove up to Wisconsin for my sister’s baby shower. We had a taco theme and I was in charge of making a couple banners.
IMG_4246

IMG_4244

Graydon and Rocky - the eight pound dog who the kids all love to hold and carry around like a baby.
IMG_4250

If this photo was in motion, you’d see Rocky’s little feet paddling away. So cute!
IMG_4259

The kids had a blast splashing each other with water.
IMG_4252

IMG_4255

IMG_4258

Grandma always has lots of art supplies on hand.
IMG_4262

IMG_4263

It’s a beast to set up, but this jumpy house provides hours of entertainment.
IMG_4266

More beach time for us! But instead of the Atlantic Ocean, we were on Lake Michigan.
IMG_4277

IMG_4270

IMG_4279

Graydon wanted to take a solo trip on Ava’s kayak. I was a little hesitant at first, but eventually conceded on the condition that he not go out too far. And that, he did not.
IMG_4281

We wanted to see the birds up close, so we sprinkled the crumbs from our bag of chips. Instant birds.
IMG_4284

After a hot afternoon at the lake, we went out for some ice cream.
IMG_4285

IMG_4286

IMG_4287

IMG_4289

The next day was baby shower day! I stole a few photos from my sister’s Instagram.
DFB553BC-89F9-4338-8A55-8BDDC86E1AB6

Photo on the left: Lori placing her bets at the Kentucky Derby during her bachelorette weekend. Photo on the right: Lori ordering food from the taco truck at her baby shower.
1268C3FF-FC2A-464E-93F3-ABEC586C7737

The food was SO good! And this was a safer way to serve food during these times of corona.
D24E5F0E-473F-43D5-897C-2A0FDBF787BF

E8C32AD0-30F7-45DF-AC59-16A1F8794E75

91BE5B64-93FB-46BA-8C8E-D330959B248D

“Momgarita” station!
3AE99161-AE2F-4091-B6D1-865831E7DE8F

Cousins (minus 2.5 - the Benetti girls in Texas and Auntie Kristen’s baby who is still baking). :)
IMG_4299

Siblings - minus Jeff!
IMG_4298

Graydon played some hacky sack with Uncle Pat and some of his friends. I haven’t seen anyone play this in years!
IMG_4291

The kids and I drove home to Indiana the next day with two remaining weeks of summer vacation before heading back to school.

No comments: