Thursday, August 13, 2020

The Last Weeks of Summer

I spent a few days at school getting ready for the upcoming year. When I walked into my office, this drawing greeted me on my dry erase board. Bella drew it on our last day of school before Spring Break, March 6th. It was meant to welcome us back after Spring Break - only we never went back. As we finally prepared to head back five months later, I think this message of ‘good vibes only’ was even  more relevant since school re-opening plans seemed to stir up a lot of emotions and controversy.
A7EC6034-0122-4AFE-B0BD-3E3B7DF33FD0

One evening, Graydon challenged the other two to a drawing contest.
IMG_4324

This was the inspiration sketch.
IMG_4319 copy
Here are the results. . .

Bella
IMG_4326

Graydon
IMG_4327

Curtis
IMG_4328

All three of our kids are such good artists!

I spent one whole day going through the books in our church’s preschool. I organized and sorted them and also got rid of a whole bunch. Now they can be pulled by topic. I love a good organization project.
IMG_4346

A couple days before this book project, I started to feel unwell. I had a low fever, scratchy throat, and felt exhausted. I felt OK on this particular day, but that evening, started to feel much worse again. A day or two later, Graydon started to feel achey and he had a fever. The two of us went to the doctor. They didn’t test us for COVID (they said we didn’t fit the criteria for a test). That morning, neither of us had a fever anymore, so I’m guessing that’s why they didn’t test us. We were tested for Strep and Mono. Both came back negative. The doctor did say that my right ear was infected and that I had sinusitis (a sinus infection). I had lost my sense of smell and my taste was greatly muted. The worst thing was probably my lack of energy - I couldn’t read and even watching TV felt hard. We were both prescribed antibiotics. This was all a few days before school started, so it was really important that we get checked out and on the mend. Graydon started feeling better by the next day. I was more gradual. Feeling sick is a major bummer.

No comments: