My friend, Jennifer, turned 40 on Easter and we celebrated the following weekend with a trip to Gatlinburg, TN! On our way there, we stopped at a Buccee's. I've heard about this place for a while and had never been. Now I understand what the hype is about!
We arrived in Gatlinburg around lunchtime. This Bloody Mary was delicious.
There were so many free wine/cider/moonshine tastings, so we took advantage of a few.
A different Jennifer (Jennifer R.), not our birthday girl (Jennifer W.) spearheaded the weekend and she included so many special touches like these personalized shot glasses.
Cheers to Jennifer and a fun weekend together!
Taco 'bout 40 years!
The cabin we rented had an indoor pool!
Jennifer R. also included these individualized mimosas for each of us. (Not pictured was another box of charcuterie snacks. I felt like it was MY birthday!)
All ready for the day's adventures.
Our birthday girl in the middle!
We booked a Jeep tour through the Great Smoky Mountains.
The higher in altitude we got, the more foggy and chilly it was.
Standing in two places at once!
It took a while, but we did see a few bears!
Back at the cabin for a little bit of downtime.
We spent the remainder of the afternoon on The Island in Pigeon Forge mostly window shopping. Later that evening, we had a dinner scheduled at Alamo Steakhouse.
I didn't know all of the girls heading into the weekend (several were Jennifer's family members). I wasn't sure if it would feel like separate groups, but it wasn't like that at all. Her family is great and I want to hang out with all of them again!I t was such an amazing weekend to get away and celebrate Jennifer.





































No comments:
Post a Comment