Friday, May 30, 2025

It's May!

I was so happy when the calendar turned to May. It meant that Bella would be coming home for the summer! I think sending kids away to college is a great way to ease into them leaving the nest. They go away for a while, but then we get them back for a bit. I know we'll have to release her again, but this gets me used to it in doses. She finished up her last final on Friday, May 2nd. After school that afternoon, I headed up to get her. By the time I arrived, she was all packed up and ready to load her stuff.



The funny thing is, she is living with her same roommate in the same room next year. So we moved it all out just to move it all back in again in August (they were not allowed to store things over the summer due to cleaning needs). 

When Bella was gathering dorm supplies/furniture last summer, she stored all the items on our ping pong table in the basement of our old house. She has now returned to a different house and we didn't have that bonus space to store all her things. It has since been absorbed into her closet, our closet, our water softener closet, and the garage. Losing a basement and a fourth bedroom has forced us to get creative with our space!

The following evening after Bella came home, Curtis was invited to an Academic Banquet at school. This is for all high school students who have a 4.0 GPA or higher. Curtis is currently ranked 3rd in his class, which he thinks is perfect. He's up there, but not one of the top two and therefore not expected to give a speech at graduation. We'll see if he can hold onto this spot throughout high school. 



He works really hard for his grades, so we are very proud of all his effort. 


The first week of May is Teacher Appreciation Week. Even though I'm a counselor, I'm on a teacher contract, so I get included in this - which is nice. One day, we were gifted this tea from a new business that is coming to the Hope Square. It's a fun week to be a school employee. (We have to take the perks we can get!)

Here are the proofs from the boys' track pictures. The photographer does a really great job, but I didn't purchase any, which is why they are watermarked. 



Both boys' main track event was high jump. We saw a lot of this in the recent months. 

Curtis was recognized at the May Awards ceremony at school for having the highest class average in his Spanish class. 


All the May activity is just getting started! 

No comments: