
The weather on Wednesday and Thursday was so gorgeous so we went for a walk by the river. One great thing about the northeast is the fall season - it seems to last so much longer here. The leaves in our yard have just started to fall now. It's crazy! Since Fall is my favorite season, I love that I can enjoy it a bit longer.
The pinkish sky and haze over the water made the early evening feel almost dreamlike.

Bella found a big rock to play on. It's rare these days to catch her natural smile (instead of a cheesy, posed one) so I'm glad that we got this photo.

Bella and Daddy! I love this photo! The land across the river is Philadelphia.

Here's our girl walking in the leaves. We had the stroller with us but she didn't want to ride in it. She's definitely our big, independent girl.

A family from church gave us a swing that they don't use anymore. Bella couldn't be happier! Swings are her favorite part of going to the park and now we just have to go to the side porch for this fun activity!

We made some Christmas cookies last night. Well, I guess they're supposed to be Christmas cookies. After I started making the dough, I realized that I didn't really have any good Christmas cookie cutters. We ended up making heart cookies. I guess I need to add Christmas cookie cutters to my shopping list.


The day after Thanksgiving is always Christmas-decorating-day in this Kilps household. Andy does an excellent job at putting on the lights.

Bella supervises. . .

. . . and plays with the decorations.

Time to hang the ornaments!

I put up our wooden nativity scene on the dresser in the front entryway. It is a low dresser that Bella can easily reach. She now thinks that this is a new toy for her to play with. By the way, this is the posed, cheesy smile I was referring to earlier. Her eyes always end up in a squint. I can't count how many photos (that didn't make it to the blog) I have of this silly face.

One great aspect of digital scrapbooking are the quick pages. Sometimes designers put together a layout and all you have to do is insert a photo. That's what this is here. This just took a few minutes. I inserted a photo into the template and overlayed another photo. Quick and easy. Very nice when you don't have a lot of time but still want to do something with your photos.

Cute Stuff:
We often ask Bella for a hug and a kiss. Recently we asked her to give us a kiss on the cheek. She doesn't quite understand what we want so she ends up rubbing her cheek up against ours instead of kissing it. Now our routine goes "hug" "kiss" and "cheek".
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that Bella was in a stage of saying bye-bye to everything. She has now added some affection towards the things she is saying bye-bye to by adding a "love you" to the end. "Bye-Bye Daddy. Love you." "Bye-bye toys. Love you." "Bye-bye chair. Love you." Such a loving child!
Our little lady is turning two on Friday! Stay tuned for a little slideshow of her second year of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment