Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wagon rides and ballet class!

I'm trying to be good about getting the kids outside because I know the days of beautiful weather are numbered. Bella is always happy as ever to ride bikes. Graydon loves the wagon! He's very content and relaxed in there. This photo had such an old-fashioned feel to me, so I desaturated it to play that up a bit.
Mr. Graydon's top teeth finally broke through! The top middle two are definitely through and I'm pretty sure the side ones are as well. I don't think I've ever been so relieved. His crankiness was at an all-time high and I was about to lose it. He needed to be held all of the time. I couldn't even sit down and hold him. We had to be walking around. He's not a light kid. Very tiring. Since the teeth made their debut, he has been a much happier guy. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him so consistently happy. Ever. Not that you can tell from the few photos I took this week, but he is constantly smiling and laughing. I am loving it. Must be our reward for dealing with all the misery.

He is also into everything. Outlets and cords are his favorite followed up by the teeniest, tiniest specks that he finds on the floor. I try to be so careful and pick up every small object I see; which is a much tougher job this time around now that we have an older child in the house. Last week, I found a small sticker and a little piece of those green pom poms in his poo. Lovely.

***
Guess who started ballet class!
Over the past couple of months, I've noticed that Bella really likes to dance. More recently, she has taken an interest in ballet. Her favorite movie right now is the Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses. A friend from church has her daughter in this class and, when we looked at the prices - which were reasonable - it seemed like a great thing for Bella.

Every morning this week she'd ask if we were going to ballet class? All week I had to say, "Not today. We have to wait until Friday." Her class is at 9am on Friday mornings. On Thursday night, I put a very excited little girl to bed. She knew what was in store the next morning. Wouldn't you know, Friday morning arrived and she slept in. I had to finally wake her up at 8:20am so that she could get dressed and have breakfast and still be on time for class.

I had so much fun peeking in on her throughout the lesson. She imitated the teacher's motions and seemed to just take it all in. I felt so proud of her.
Graydon's first trip to the shore layout
While Andy and I were getting dinner ready last night, we peeked into the playroom and saw that Bella cleared off the toy table, turning it into a stage. She was a little song for Graydon. So cute!

2 comments:

Kreuser Family said...

Omgosh!! That's awesome that Bella started ballet class!! Just like her mommy back in the day! That video was so precious! She's turning into such a performer! I'm hoping Ava wants to dance and perform when she's older!
Yay for Graydon's teeth coming in!
Can't wait to see those two kidos!

Kreuser Family said...

And of course you and Andy!!! Miss you guys! Wish Aaron, Ava & I could take a trip out there!!! Gosh, that'd be great!