Sunday, December 10, 2006

12 month stats

We took Isabella in for her 12 month appt. this past Friday. As we pulled in to the parking lot of the doctor's office, I was brought back to one year ago as we brought our newborn in for her follow-up visit when she was five days old. The air was just as chilly and we were listening to Christmas music. . . it was hard to believe that all this was a year ago. But alas, it was. We have the child in the backseat who is over three times as large as she was back then to prove it. Isabella is now measuring in at 30.5 inches tall (90th percentile) and 20 lbs. 12 oz. (48th percentile). I continue to be so thankful for our little girl's good health. The only time she has been sick so far was when she came down with a little cold at the beginning of the semester and we've only had to take her to the doctor for well visits. Her health is not something that I take for granted. And, to keep her healthy, we have to keep her up to date on her immunizatins, which she had to get at this visit. She received a total of four shots. I lost track of all that she was getting as some of the shots were combos, but I know she for sure got the MMR, Hep. A, Varicella (chicken pox), and the first of her flu shots (she has to go back in one month for the second). Isn't it funny that there is a vaccine for chicken pox now? That used to be somewhat of a rite of passage. I guess this will probably be one of the stories we tell to Isabella down the road regarding how difficult life was when we were younger.

I made an ornament of Isabella from a picture we took last Christmas. Whenever I turn the flash off of our camera, the pictures seem to turn out blurry and I haven't figured out how to adjust this. . . and with the flash on, there was a glare on the picture so that wouldn't work out either. Anyway, you get the idea.I thought I'd let Isabella play with some crayons just to see how she'd do. After a few minutes, all she wanted to do was eat them. We'll try again some other time. Playing with some papers that she pulled off of the desk in our bedroom.

Eating some of the bubbles in her bath. I can't imagine that they taste that great.
Andy continues to keep trucking away at his to do list. As you can see, he has been very productive. As I type this, he is busy working on his Credo. The goal is to finish this tonight so that he can focus on his other three papers during the week. We leave Bethlehem bright and early Saturday morning. We are so excited to go home, but first we have to get through this week. Things are about to get a little crazy!!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Hello Kilps Family!
I love reading your updates and seeing new pics of your adorable little Isabella! I miss you two (three)so much! I was just thinking back to the Wonderland days . . .
Will you be in town long enough that we could try to get together?
love in Christ, The Rolls