This may not be news to some, but I wanted to make an official annoucement on the blog that we're pregnant! I'm currently 17 weeks. I've had two ultrasounds now that I'll try to get up here at some point. As you can see, our due date is Christmas Eve - kind of a busy day for my pastor husband. We just think that God has a sense of humor. About a week ago, I started feeling the baby move. I love that feeling! So far, everything has been going great and we pray that it continues!In other news, we just finished up a week of Vacation Bible School at our church. I helped out with the preschool class while Bella tagged along with me as a sort of unofficial VBS-er. She really loved learning the songs. Here she is doing some of the motions. Thursday night, we had Parent's Night. All of the kids sang the songs they had been learning all week. To my surprise, Bella - who clung to me quite a bit and didn't want to sing on stage - actually got up and sang with the rest of the kids. Had I actually thought she would do this, I would have brought my camera. It was really cute.

Bella received a fun package from Grandma that had lots of clothes and this fun pool. We've been in a heat wave this past week, so she's been spending a lot of time in the pool. I like that it provides her with some shade.
Another fun summer activity that we've been doing is water balloons. Bella enjoys trying to pop them.
I only fill them with a small bit of water to make it more of a challenge for her.
I can happily say that Bella seems to have passed through her monster phase - at least for now. The past week and a half have been so much better! In retrospect, I think there was a lot going on that left her feeling out of control which caused her to act up more than usual. We were in Wisconsin for two weeks. After we were home for a week, Daddy left for a week. A couple of days after he came home, we left for Kentucky. In a month's time, she was apart from Andy for three out of the four weeks. They needed a little rebonding time - a couple trips to the park, shopping for new shoes, and a little Taco Bell seemed to do the trick. It seemed that once Bella and Daddy were back on track again, her behavior got a lot better. I am so thankful!



7 comments:
Oh Wow! Congratulations Karen, Andy and Bella! That is wonderful news. I pray that everything goes well and that you feel energetic throughout the pregnancy so that you can keep up with Bella! Make sure to keep us all posted on how things are going! Congrats again!
How exciting!! Congratulations! A busy time for pastor families, but what a wonderful Christmas gift! We will pray for you all as you juggle and enjoy(!) this time preparing for your newest member to arrive!
Congrats! We are so excited for you!!!
My grandpa died a few days after we found out we were pregnant and it was a bittersweet time for us.
Hope/pray all goes well!!!
Love, Johanna, Peter, and baby
How wonderful! Congrats to all of you!!!
Karen...congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise! I'm so glad to hear that all is going well with the pregnancy. Please tell Andy congrats for us too, and we'll be praying for you guys throughout this awesome blessing!
~Claire
Hi Guys,
Congratulations on the upcoming event! Yes, God does have a sense of humor. I've enjoyed keeping up with you all on your blog and am glad things are going so well for you all. Bella is a beautiful little girl! I'm assuming you can get to my email address from here so drop me a note sometime. Take care!
Andy and Karen!! CONGRATS!!! I just got a chance to catch up on your blog and I am soooo excited for you both and Bella too!! I suspected it at MTS's graduation... you just had a glow about you!! And Christmas Eve! Now that'll make Christmas even more exciting!! WoW!! Hope you continue to feel well and enjoy the time with Bella as an only child!!! Take care and hope to see y'all at some point soon! PS We're getting settled into Raleigh, and I start work Monday, so it's exciting here too!
Post a Comment