Friday, September 21, 2018

Our "new" coffee table

This coffee table joined our household several years ago while we were still living in New Jersey. A friend of mine was getting rid of it and, knowing how much I liked it, she offered it to us. It was actually never designed as a coffee table, but was a shoe display table at a department store. I always liked its large size - perfect for kids to color, play board games, and set a variety of snacks on for football games and movie nights. It's always needed a little TLC, but I never had time to give it until a few weeks ago.
IMG_6689

Sanding it down was very gratifying. It had a lot of scratches that I was able to smooth out.
IMG_6690

A close-up of some of the scratches.
IMG_6691

I removed the top and sanded down the legs a little bit. I didn't need to go as deep with the legs since I intended only to paint them and not to stain them like I was doing for the table top.
IMG_6700

Bella helped with the painting on a Saturday morning.
IMG_6701

This after picture isn't the greatest. I was impatient to take it. The day was cloudy and I had a lamp on. Plus there is a glare from the door and window. But you get the idea. It looks so much better now!  We have few other pieces that I'd like to give attention to, but my fall classes have now started, so those projects may have to wait.
IMG_6744

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

OMG Karen the table looks amazing. Great job ladies.