Monday, October 01, 2018

Volleyball, Heritage Days, and Kitchen Challenge

Bella finished up her volleyball season this past week. On a Friday night before a tournament, she wanted some extra practice on her serve. So, instead of going home to rest after an afternoon of practice, she went to our church gym to continue working. The next morning, she got most of her serves over! The overhand serve is tough stuff, but she's getting it. And we are so proud of her hard work and effort.
IMG_6829

We just finished up a weekend of Heritage Days. Opening night happened to fall on my and Andy's 16th anniversary. I think I saw him for a few minutes that day. We'll celebrate properly some day soon. Our three church youth groups (elementary, junior high, and high school) joined up to do a booth on the square as our fundraiser. The booth was such a success! It was also a lot of work. We began smoking meet the Wednesday evening prior and smoked around the clock for a couple of days. Then came the task of setting up the booth, running it all weekend, and then tearing it all down on Sunday. Almost four straight days for some of us, but well worth it for the money raised for our youth groups!
IMG_6873

IMG_6872

IMG_6876

42856409_1985325424839201_6858954933673132032_o

42847398_1985325454839198_2510796396152487936_o

Because we did the booth, our youth group did not participate in the parade this year. This was the first time that I actually got to sit and watch the parade. During it, I realized that I really enjoy parades.
IMG_6878

IMG_6879

IMG_6889

The kids really like watching baking challenge shows. That Sunday evening after all of the Heritage Days festivities were over, they wanted to do their own competition. I set out five ingredients (potato chips, nilla wafers, skittles, marshmallow, and nutella) and they had ten minutes to come up with a dessert.
IMG_6890

It was post-shower time, which is why they both have wet hair.

Curtis made a sandwich.
IMG_6891

IMG_6892

Graydon made a birthday cake for when Bella turned 3.
IMG_6893

IMG_6894

Bella and I were the judges. We were split in our decision. I chose Curtis as the winner and she chose Graydon. Both were so creative!

No comments: