We now have an 8th grader.

A 5th grader.

And a 4th grader.

Summer always goes by so fast. It was truly hard to believe that we were already at this point.

And this wasn't just the kids' first day of school, it was mine too! This was my first official day as an elementary school counselor.

At the end of the school day, the kids hang out in my office and play with my toys while I finish up some work.

They are so silly!

This is my office! I had a lot of fun dreaming up what this space would look like. I wanted to give a feeling of home at school. The students are responding really well to this space, which makes my heart happy.



This photo was actually taken before school started. The kids had to come to school with me while I set things up. Graydon was even in his pajamas!

This is the office within my office. I've had lunch groups in here (I often add another table for that) and occasionally meet with students individually in here if they prefer to sit in my comfy corner chair.

This corner is still a work in progress, but I have added a couple more pillows since this photo was taken.

Andy came in for a quick visit on my first day and snapped this photo.

That Friday evening at the end of our first week, Bella and I went grocery shopping. But first. . . we had dinner at Qdoba. We meant to eat there when the boys were at camp, but never got around to it. Just looking at that burrito makes me want one right now!


That Saturday night, Curtis wanted a backyard fire so that we could make s'mores. Andy wasn't home, but I figured that I could get a fire started. I must have tried for about 30 minutes. I even got some lighter fluid out. I just couldn't keep this fire lit. Eventually, I came to the end of my stack of scrap paper and told the kids to quick put a marshmallow at the end of their stick and cook it over the burning paper. No fire building merit badge for me!

That Sunday, I subbed in for the boys' Sunday school class. Our lesson was on Joseph and they all made colorful coats.

No comments:
Post a Comment