Saturday, December 21, 2019

'Tis the Season

I drove up to Chicago in early December to spend time with some of my sisters. I took a photo of the cars around me as I sat in traffic on my way into the city.
IMG_2424

Our crew consisted of my two sisters, Mary and Jodi, and Jodi's sister-in-law (her husband's sister), Tracy. Our itinerary consisted of dinner, Christkindlemart, and the Cirque de Soleil show at the Chicago Theater.
IMG_2441

While I was in Chicago, Andy took the kids to a school event: Cookies and Canvas.
Untitled

They created Christmas masterpieces as their art teacher gave step-by-step instructions.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_2434

All done! I love how they each turned out a little different.
Untitled

IMG_2433

Meanwhile. . . back in Chicago, we took in some sights of Christmas in the city. IMG_2429

IMG_2430

We stopped for hot wine in the Chriskindlemart.
IMG_2456

And we each bought an ornament at a shop called Lauschaer Glaskugelhaus
IMG_2448

IMG_2449

Before the show, we stopped for drinks and dessert and a restaurant near the theater.
IMG_2452

It's time for the show!
IMG_2451

The theater is beautiful! We got to our seats just in time. The show began literally moments after we sat down.
IMG_2454

The whole show was amazing! These performers are so talented!
IMG_2455

No comments: