Saturday, August 13, 2022

Back to School

On the morning before my first work day back at school, Mabel and I enjoyed our last slow morning together. I love slow mornings. It’s one of my favorite things about summer. 
I declared that day a family day because I wanted to spend our last day of summer together. We went out for lunch and had Starbucks for dessert. Bella was finishing up the logo for the Hauser boys tennis team shirts. 
Our first day of school was August 10th. We got a whole extra week this summer and we were not sad about it. 

Bella - Junior

Graydon - 8th Grade

Curtis - 7th Grade

I started my fourth year as a school counselor. Now I’m the only one in our house who is still in elementary school! 

Andy took this photo as we drove away. That’s Graydon’s arm hanging out the window. 

I will miss the carefree days of summer - especially when our calendar gets filled and the days get busy, but I am thankful for a new school year and for important work that I love to do. 

 

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

4 years already? I feel like this should only be #2. And Bella as a Junior....High School grad next year. How is that possible.