Sunday, May 18, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Bella graduated into her big girl bed this week. We bought a twin mattress and box spring and have them on the floor in her room. The first day and a half went great. She thought it was the coolest thing ever and wanted to hang out in her bed all of the time. The novelty appears to have worn off now. Nap time yesterday was pretty much a disaster. Today we're back on track so I'm hoping that was just a fluke. Since she's gotten her bed, she's been waking up between 6:00-6:30am instead of the 7:30-8:00am. Lovely. Some households start their day at that time, but this one does not.
Bella likes to have stuffed animals share her bed. This horse was always too big for the crib but there's plenty of space for it on her big girl bed!
Onto other things. . . Bella has been in a cleaning phase. It's not as great as it sounds.

Exhibit A:
If you could walk into this picture and ask Bella what she's doing, she'd say, "I cleaning."
To be fair, that response would be half true. If you look at her doll bassinet, it does look very clean.
I can't say the same thing for her bedroom floor.
Exhibit B:
Her toy shelf does look pretty clean here.
But the play area floor. . . not so much.
I think I have to tell my cleaning lady that she's fired!

A random Bella act:
Our camcorder battery has somehow become Bella's pretend camera. She will 'take our picture' with it, turn it around to 'see the picture' and then proudly announce, "See, a pretty picture!" What an imagination! Potty Training:
Bella's starting to get pretty good at using her potty chair. When she doesn't have a diaper on, she's really great about getting to the chair whenever the urge comes. If she's wearing a diaper, that rarely happens. I think the key to potty training her will be to have many diaper-free days. Whenever she goes on the potty chair, she gets a sticker to put on her chart. One time after I gave her a sticker for going, she wanted another one. I told her that she'd have to wait until the next time that she went potty. This news greatly distressed her until a few of her books averted her attention - or so I thought. Later in the day I noticed a strange-looking sticker on the bottom of her chart.
One way or another, she was determined to get a sticker.

Some very exciting news:
We have a new NIECE!!! My brother's wife, Steph, gave birth to Sydney Ruth Benetti on May 13th. She is so cute and we can't wait to meet her! Congratulations Jeff and Steph!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella is becoming a little character!! I can't wait to see you guys in a week!!

Auntie Mary

Kurt and Jenn said...

Congratulations to Big Brother Jeff, He's a Daddy!!!!
What a cute name too, How are you doing? I need to call you soon. I miss you guys. What a beautiful girl Bella is, I just love checking your blog. We may be getting the news of where we will be moving by the end of this year. Out of Wisconsin for sure. Hopefully somewhere in the midwest though. I have updated my blog a bit so check it our if you have a chance.
Love and miss you.
Jenn