Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yuckies!

It seems that we just can't get healthy around here. Bella has a cough that's been plaguing her for over a month. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but sounds just awful. This week, Graydon got slammed with a cold. Icky cough, runny nose, interrupted sleep, and very grumpy baby. He was such a handful this week. Every little thing would set him off. Lots of screaming and crying. I did my best to console him, but he wore me out. By the end of the week, I was feeling so edgy and irritable. He was waking up every few hours at night, which did not help matters. I think I reached my breaking point on Thursday and then, miraculously, that evening he slept from 7:30pm - 6:30am. I gave him his paci at that point and then he further slept until 8:30 when I had to wake him up so that we could get going to Bella's ballet class. It always seems that the kids like to sleep in on days where we actually have somewhere to go. I think that God knew I could not handle one more day of the cranky Graydon or I would seriously lose. my. mind. The past three days have been much, much better. Thank you Lord!

Bella drew a picture of our family on her doodle. Daddy is on the left, then Graydon, Pumpkin (our baby's nickname), me, and her. Bella is very excited about the baby. . . but only of it's a girl. She only refers to the baby as "she" or "her" or "sister". Her logic makes sense. "I already have a brother, now I want a sister." So I countered her with Graydon's point of view, he already has a sister and may want a brother. Bella's response: "How about this baby can be a girl and then you can have one more that is a boy for Graydon." We'll see Isabella!
Another attempt at catching Graydon walking. I seem to be having a hard time with this as here is another blurry, out-of-focus walking picture. He's up to about 20 steps and can even turn corners. He'll just take off on his own - arms outstretched, steps wobbly. But he gets around. It is so cute and he is so proud.
Miss Bella had her four-year check-up on Tuesday morning. She is now 40.5 inches tall (75th percentile) and 35 pounds (50th percentile). I didn't read up about what to expect at this visit, so I hadn't prepared myself or Bella for the four shots plus a finger prick that she'd be getting. She was so brave. The finger prick must have hurt, but she didn't cry. Then the first two shots went in one arm. She whimpered an "ow" as tears filled her eyes. The next two shots on the other arm really did her in. Big time crying. I don't blame her. That was a lot. She did receive a certificate of bravery for a free kid's meal from Chick-Fil-A that we used the next day. I also treated her to ice cream after our visist. Prior to receiving her shots, Bella was asked to draw a person. That went well as they are one of her favorite art subjects. She also had her first hearing and vision test. Things look really well for our girl. Everything came back normal and healthy. Yay!!!
I had a baby appointment on Friday. It was a very quick, in-and-out appointment - which I like very much. Everything is looking good with me and the baby and we heard a very strong heartbeat, which is always a joy. I think I may have started feeling some movements, but nothing that I can be sure of. I'm still waiting for the very obvious kicks and flutters. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow!

3 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Holy cow! 17 weeks already! In your last post when you said your due date was in July I was thinking, wow, that's a ways a way. Now that you state it in weeks you're really only TWO and a half weeks behind me and June doesn't seem far away to me! Congrats - time flies! :)

Kreuser Family said...

Haha they really are funny! I show Ava the blogs and now she's been trying to walk by holding onto furniture. She's sporting a bruise on her cheek now since she went face first into the bed. :( First of many bruises i'm sure. Gosh, your family sounds just like mine! Hopefully this cold bug will leave soon!
Love you!!

mary said...

well im still trying to get over this cough as well!! Thanks Kilps family!! LOL...
Graydon looks so proud! Very sweet!!