Monday, April 07, 2014

Hello April!

"Cooking Day" at the boys' playgroup.  And by cooking, I mean blending.  Green smoothies and yogurt parfaits for everyone!
IMG_2004

IMG_2005

This has happened more than once in the past couple of weeks.  I go up to check on the boys and find that they've changed into their swimsuits.  "Can we go swimming today?"  They are good wishful-thinkers.
IMG_2006

Last Monday, we were finishing up an evening of having some friends for dinner when Curtis came up along beside me and proceeded to violently throw up a good three times all over himself, the table, the chair, and the floor.  That brought a pretty prompt end to our evening!  Curtis was upset about getting sick and he began to cry.  Bella felt bad that Curtis got sick and she started to cry.  I scooped up Curtis into my arms, said some quick goodbyes to our guests, and brought him straight up to the bath (meanwhile wondering to myself how I will clean that chunky vomit out of the carpet).  Bella's maternal side took over and she completely doted on Curtis, never leaving his side.  Caring for him seemed to make her feel a little better.  Such a sweet big sis.     
IMG_2007
And thankfully, Curtis was feeling better by the end of the bath and by the next day, you wouldn't have even known that he was sick.  

Graydon's listening to his favorite song:  "Hey, Hey Mr. Policeman" by Brad Paisley. 
IMG_2008Date morning with Curtis while Bella and Graydon were at school.  It had been a while and was long overdue.  
IMG_2009

I brought this out of the attic for the kids to enjoy: my 50th anniversary edition Snoopy and Woodstock piano.  It plays 'Linus and Lucy' while Snoopy and Woodstock dance around on top of the piano.  The kids got a kick out of it. 
IMG_2010

IMG_2016

Getting the garden prepped for a new growing season.  We currently have planted peas, broccoli, carrots, and spinach. 
IMG_2011

Three kids doing homework (well, Curtis is just coloring) at the kitchen table.  I feel like I am looking into my future a little bit. 
IMG_2012Handwriting practice at playgroup.  It was "C" and "G" day.  Perfect letters for my two boys!
IMG_2013

Carrying Graydon after a quick game of soccer (me and Graydon against Bella). 
IMG_2014

Bella is studying geometry in math class and is learning about the surfaces, edges, and vertices of various objects.  She's pretty good at keeping track of them all; but was having difficulty with remembering how many edges and vertices a pyramid had.  It's kind of hard to see that a pyramid has a square bottom when you're looking at a two dimensional pyramid.  So I took the boys' building toy to  give her a little mom-math-lesson.  The balls are the vertices, the sticks are the edges, and the open spaces are the surfaces.  I think it helped a little.
IMG_2015

Bella and I attended a ladies breakfast at church on Saturday. 
IMG_2017

And after that I headed to New York City with some girlfriends!

Here we are in Central Park. 
IMG_2026

And I don't have a bucket list per se; but if I did, playing 'Heart and Soul' on the FAO Schwartz piano would definitely be on it.  We were actually there with Bella a few years back and she danced on the paino, but I don't think I did back then.  Now I can definitely put a check next to that one! 
IMG_2025

I wore my boots to our ladies breakfast and never changed them.  Big mistake.  My feet were in so much pain by the end of the day!
IMG_2018

This couple got engaged right in front of us.  We cheered for them along with hundreds of other people!
IMG_2019

Bella has accumulated a couple of Build-a-Bear gift cards from birthday parties and a Girl Scout event that she missed.  We finally cashed them in the other day.  Here she is making wishes for the heart that will soon go inside her bear.
IMG_2020

Putting the heart inside. 
IMG_2021

And giving her panda a bath. 
IMG_2022

She named her 'Giggles' because we put a little giggle chip inside of her.  Bella is smitten with this little bear. 
IMG_0429

We concluded our girl afternoon by eating a big pretzel from Aunt Annie's and drinking lemonade in front of a fountain that we later threw wished-upon pennies into.  And we counted babies.  There were LOTS of babies at the mall that day!  Love my girl time with Bella!

1 comment:

The Kilps Family said...

Testing for Mary.