Friday, April 13, 2018

Bella's Confirmation

Before church that morning, we took some photos.
DSC_0005_01

She picked out such a cute dress.
DSC_0012_01

The confirmands met early that morning to run through the service and to practice their confirmation statements. Each kid had to write about their faith in God and their confirmation experience. Here Bella is practicing hers.
DSC_0013_01

We also got the big group pictures before church started because we knew it would be a little chaotic afterward.
DSC_0020_01

DSC_0024_01

DSC_0029_01

When it came time to actually confirm Bella, Andy got a little emotional. He paused for a little bit to gain his composure, but even as he read Bella's confirmation verse, his voice quivered.
IMG_4884

And then Bella started crying.
IMG_4886

And then I started crying. I could see out of the corner of my eye that my mom was crying and that across the aisle a woman from the choir was crying. Later on, Andy's mom said that she was crying. I think at least half the church was crying. It was such a tender moment.
IMG_4887

All the tears are dried up and it's time for more pictures.
DSC_0032_01

Bella and Grandma. My dad ended up getting sick and couldn't make it. My mom ended up driving through a snow storm, but I'm happy that she could be here.
DSC_0034_01

DSC_0037_01

DSC_0040_01

DSC_0042_01

Bella, Papa, and Gaga.
DSC_0047_01

DSC_0049_01

Her confirmation certificate.
IMG_4890

Presents!
IMG_4893

IMG_4895

IMG_4896

It was a beautiful confirmation day.

And I'll end this post with a couple of randoms.

Andy bought me some tulips. They are my favorite flower.
IMG_4902

Bella and her bag of chips!
IMG_4900

2 comments:

Jodi said...

And I cried reading about it 😢 so sweet and such a special moment

mcbenetti said...

Made me tear up too! Thanks!