Saturday, April 28, 2018

It's Track Season!

Bella decided to give track a try this season. She's a pretty good runner, so it's a great fit. Here are a few photos from her first meet.
DSC_0151_01

DSC_0152_01

DSC_0154_01

She participates in four events: long jump, 4 by 1 relay, 400, and 200. Here she is about to take a jump.
DSC_0156_01

On this particular jump, she went about 11.5 feet. A couple of days ago, she had a personal record of 12 feet!
DSC_0157_01

This was when she was about to run the 400. On this race, she ended up breaking away and came in a solid second.
DSC_0164_01

I have some video from the meet, but most of it I am cheering super loudly into the camera and I'm not paying any attention to what I'm recording. So instead of getting Bella, I'm getting excellent footage of the track. Oops! At least I was living in the moment!

She has had four meets now and has placed in at least two of her events at each meet. This is actually pretty impressive since she is also up against seventh and eighth graders. She definitely has a lot of potential in track!

No comments: