Sunday, March 09, 2008

Owies. . . boo boos. . . and band-aids

Bella got a paper cut on her finger earlier in the week. After it happened, she was right beside me crying "see. . . I hurt. . . finger. . . kiss it!" I gave her lots of kisses on her finger and all was well for a few moments until she was back with "hurt again. . . kiss it!" I gave her more kisses. My kisses didn't seem to have their healing power that day so I offered her something she has never before worn. . . a Band-aid! Magically, her finger was "all better". She wore the bandage like a badge of honor, often pointing out to me, "see mama. . . a owie". It didn't take too long for the paper cut to heal, but Bella didn't want to give up the bandage. The next day, she tried to point out her "boo boo" to me, only, I was onto her game as she showed me the wrong finger. I humored her with another band-aid, but that's the last one!
I let her play with some stickers. This is what she did with them.
I had a ladies group on Wednesday afternoon, so Andy and Bella had a Daddy-Daughter outing. They went to Taco Bell and Target. Daddy bought Bella a new Dora cell phone. We rarely buy her toys since she always gets so many gifts from our family and people from church; but she's been really into Dora lately and has always loved cell phones so Andy thought this would be a fun gift. Bella just loves this phone! Later that day, I overheard her talking to "Dora" and telling her about 'tacos' and 'Target' and 'Daddy'.
We've been on an applesauce kick lately. Yum!
Not the most creative Easter craft, but I cut out some paper eggs for Bella to color.I was talking with some women from church the other day and the topic of decorating your home for Easter came up. I happened to mention that I didn't have any Easter decorations. I had no hidden agenda with that comment, just my way of taking part in the conversation. Well, today at church two of the women had little gifts for me. Both of them were prefaced with. . . "I remember you saying how you didn't have any Easter decorations. . . " I now have a little bunny statue, some decorative eggs, and a bunny globe/music box. This is one example of how the people here just love to take care of us. Everyone is so sweet. Maybe I should start hinting around about our need for a bigger vehicle! (Just kidding).
There's been some more piano playing going on this week - and not just from Bella. It's rare that I sit down and play these days, but I would like to do it more and I actually did a little this week.

And. . . I'm so happy that it's starting to stay light longer. Just another sign that Spring is on the way!

No comments: