Sunday, September 21, 2008

First day of school and other ramblings. . .

This photo above pretty much sums up Bella's first reaction to school. She was pretty unsure of things and stayed pretty close to my side at first. As the morning progressed, she branched off a little. We played with the paracute during gym time. Bella had more fun with this than this photo lets on.And slides. . . well, I'm pretty sure they are her favorite thing. Here she is decorating a place mat that she'll use for snack time each week.I didn't manage to catch any photos of her smiling, but she did have fun and already can't wait to go back again on Tuesday.

I must have so many photos of this kid sleeping, but I just can't resist taking pictures of her when she looks so cute and peaceful like this.The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week, which meant that I could take Bella to the park without getting all hot and exhausted after ten minutes. Just as we were headed out the door, she frantically told me that she needed her pink hat and glasses. This kid has a style that is truly all her own. One afternoon, she brought her stroller into the kitchen, sat down, and covered herself with the blanket. If that wasn't a hint that she wanted to go for a walk, I don't know what is. Today was Sunday School kick-off at church. To celebrate, we had a lunch after the service this morning and rented a Moon Bounce for the kids to play in. Bella had a blast and stayed in until the people came to take it down. I put some of our fall decorations out today. Bella's job was to put up the window stickies. She decorated the laundry room very nicely.For those of you who wanted to see my belly. . . here it is. I'm currently 26 weeks. My belly button popped out around 20 weeks - which is 8 weeks before it happened with Bella. I go to the doctor again on Friday for my one hour glucose test.
Bella wasn't feeling too good yesterday. She kept saying that she was hot (and our house was the coolest that it's been all summer). I took her temp. and it was 100 even. Later on she said that her tummy hurt. I put her in the tub and gave her some tums. Shortly before bedtime, she started to perk up and feel better.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Karen, your blog is beautiful! you'll have to give me some lessons!! seeing the pictures of Bella at school made me sad - it reminded me of when Will went there! Enjoy your time with her there because before you know it, you'll be dropping her off by herself! You'll be amazed at how much she'll learn in that environment, it's so much fun!

Anonymous said...

looks like bella is letting you put her hair up?