Sunday, November 16, 2008

Surprise!

On Wednesday night, I attended what I thought was going to be a pot-luck at church. Little did I know that the event was also a surprise baby shower for me! Since this is our second baby, a shower was totally off my radar. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked when I walked in the door to be greeted with a big "Surprise!" and to see tons of gifts on a table. Andy was in on it too - and he did a great job keeping the secret. I don't have any photos from the shower (though a few women from church were taking pictures), but I did take a photo of all the gifts piled on our dining room table when we got home. This kid is set! Everyone was so generous and we were truly overwhelmed, in a good way, by everything that they did for us. Some of the women also purchased gifts for Bella, so she wouldn't feel left out. Between opening presents, helium balloons, and cake, Bella totally thought that this was her birthday party. She kept calling the balloons her birthday balloons. Won't she be thrilled when we celebrate her birthday again in a couple of weeks!We keep Bella's dress-up clothes in this hamper. Recently, she has discovered how much fun the empty hamper is to play with. Where's Bella?
There she is!We have a busy week ahead of us. Lots of little items on our to-do lists as we prepare to head back to Wisconsin for Jodi's wedding. We can't wait for our first road trip in our new van! And, of course, to see all the family!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations you two! I am so happy for you!