Sunday, February 01, 2009

One Month Old!

Graydon turned one month old yesterday! In some ways, the month went quickly and in other ways it was one of the longest months of my life! It definitely hasn't been one of the easiest months as we try to get Graydon's reflux under control. At the beginning of the week, we really thought that the meds were helping because he seemed so much better. I was feeling less overwhelmed and more capable as a mother. The end of the week, however, hasn't gone so well. The 'happy awake' times became fewer and shorter. The medicine he is on is weight sensitive and as he gains weight, we have to increase his dosage. We think that might be the problem so tomorrow we're going to take him back to the doctor to get weighed in order to find out what his new dose should be. I weighed myself on our digital scale and then weighed myself with Graydon and was 10 lbs. heavier (granted he had his clothes on) - that would make him almost a pound and a half heavier than he was when we first got the meds. I hope that we can get some relief to him - it's heartbreaking to see him so miserable.

As I said, the beginning of the week went great. . . so we got a lot of pictures! Here he is asleep on the bathroom floor while I'm giving Bella a bath.
Reading a book before bedtime. We like to get him into bed between 8 and 9pm so that Andy and I can get some down time with no kids. This doesn't always happen, but we're getting there.Very awake and very alert!We woke up to some snow on Wednesday! Not a ton - maybe 3 inches, but it's the most we've seen all winter! Bella got this guitar from some girls at church and she loves to play it. She also likes to grab her microphone, stand on her toybox lid, and sing for us. What a performer!I wanted to get some nice newborn photos of Graydon. I have a lot of work to do on posing infants. It's not easy! I'll try again at some point. . . but here's what I ended up with. Hanging out on his changing table. He doesn't seem to mind diaper changes as much anymore.Sleepy boy! On Friday, Bella's class had a field trip to the Discovery Museum. I was a little nervous about being on my own with the two kids in such a busy, public place. Fortunately, Graydon slept the entire time we were there. Two kids are definitely more manageable when one of them is sleeping! I'm really glad that we went because Bella had such a fun time! She really loved this floating ball. . . air was blowing up, keeping the ball afloat. Pretty cool, in her opinion. Relaxing in a boat. Operation!!!She also loved being on the news. There was a camera set up and she could watch herself on the monitor. Andy's parents are coming out at the end of the week. We told Bella today about their upcoming visit and the next thing I knew, she was at the window. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was looking for Grandma and Grandpa's car! I first had to explain that they weren't coming today and then that they would be taking an airplane, not a car. She's definitely excited for their visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Graydon is turning into such a handsome little man!!! I can't wait to meet him. AND..to hear little miss Bella sing!!

can wait to see you guys!

Love Auntie Mary

Stephanie said...

I love the picture where you are reading a book to Graydon.

Kurt and Jenn said...

I think he looks just like you Karen and Bella looks like Andy. I hope that happens for us too, not that I'm upset payton doesn't look like her mommy it would just be nice to hear once in a while " oh he or she looks just like you" you know what I mean. Congratulations again on two gorgeous kids.

love and miss you.
Q