Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shake, rattle, and roll

I sat in Graydon's room and watched him do this. All his rolling and shimmeying is getting him around. This area under the crib was just waiting to be explored. The crying out began when he realized that this area wasn't all that fascinating and that he didn't know how to get out. Mommy to the rescue.

Here he is trying to get around downstairs. The photo is a little blurry, but he's still cute - even out of focus. :)Big news in the Graydon department: we have teeth! Well, the beginnings of teeth anyway. Little Mister was VERY cranky on Tuesday morning. I couldn't put him down without him screaming. Whenever he seemed extra irritable in the past, my first reaction was to always feel around for new teeth. My search always came up empty. Until that morning. I felt them. Little sharp ridges. My precious boy with the precious gummy grin was about to get teeth. Good thing I am also a huge fan of the adorable two-toothed grin.

Poor Graydon was pretty miserable. Teething is no fun. When nothing was working, Andy propped him in front of the window. Instant calm. He sat like this for a while (with Andy just outside of photo range), watching the cars go by. Bella kept busy this week with Vacation Bible School. Monday was a little rough as she didn't want me to leave her. By game time she totally forgot about me. The music was pretty catchy. Later in the day, she fell asleep during a car ride and woke up yelling, "Son Rock Kids Camp!" (our VBS theme). Crafts topped the favorite list of activities. On the last day, they decorated bug jars and even had fake bugs inside. She loved these little plastic bugs and even took them out to play. There were two. She said that they were brother and sister, like her and Graydon. She was very upset when she lost one. I found it in the couch cushions. Good thing too - it was pretty real-looking and would have freaked me out if found at any other time.

Thursday night was Parent's Night. We listened to the kids sing the songs they'd been learning all week. They gave a great performance.More scrapbooking. Graydon started babbling quite a bit this week. Up until now, it's been a lot of 'ooh', 'aah', 'ow' and stuff like that. This week were heard more 'goo', 'ca', 'ga', 'da' and that occasional 'ma'. I asked him to say 'Mama'. He said 'da da'. Figures.

4 comments:

Kurt and Jenn said...

I don't know if you have tried them but we love teething tablets at our house. WIth all Payton's ear infections and teething also I felt like I was giving her tylenol a couple times a day ( I really wasn't, but still it felt that way) anyways a friend told us to try the teething tablets and I really think they do the trick.

togetherforgood said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your little ones are beautiful and I love your scrapbook pages! :)

Melissa Stover said...

that first picture is so cute! your scrapbook pages are beautiful. i've tried digital scrapbooking but i don't do the real thing.

Debbie said...

Bella's hair is getting so long!! and Graydon is really growing up. Miss all of you and can't wait for the holidays to see you again.