Sunday, February 21, 2010

Graydon's new obsession!

STAIRS!!! The gates have been up since Graydon started climbing months ago; but if they were closed he was distracted by other things. Not the case anymore. He will not be carried up or down the steps anymore - must do it himself (with a little assistance on the way down). I actually welcome this as he's getting heavier and my tummy's getting bigger. However, once he's let loose, he could spend all day going up and down, up and down. If I want to make a quick stop upstairs to change his diaper or grab something. . . forget it. He screams in discontent as soon as that gate clicks shut - thinking that my opening it must mean playtime. Every once in a while, I indulge him.

He couldn't be happier.If you could hear him in this photo, he'd be telling you how much he loves the stairs (in his own jibber jabber, of course). And it's even more fun when Big Sister plays too!
Bella wasn't too hip on getting her photo taken this week, but I did manage to sneak a couple while she was painting tonight. I undoubtedly felt Pumpkin kick today. It happened during church just as Andy started his sermon. Thump. . . thump. . . thump. There were definitely three, if not four little kicks. I've been feeling movement for several weeks now, but this was the strongest by far. Very cool!

I did a couple of pages this weekend. Graydon had his one-year well visit (though he is well over 13 months) this past Wednesday. He managed to escape shots this time around because of a chest cold. Our ped. actually prescribed an antibiotic to hopefully fight whatever he has. During the appointment, Bella was coughing a lot. This has been going on for about two months with her. She was on antibiotics for an ear infection two weeks ago. When the ped. re-checked Bella's ears, one was still infected. Round 2 of antibiotics for her, this time it's a stronger one. I'd love to see this cough go away. So now both kids are on antibiotics. Hopefully they are helping.

Other than that, it was a great visit. Here's the stats:
Height: 31 & 3/8 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs. 15.5 ounces (25th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 & 1/2 inches (50th percentile)

We have to go back again on Wednesday to see if the fluid in his chest cleared up. I can't wait to have healthy kids again!

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Yay for kicks!! There is nothing I love more about pregnancy than feeling the little one moving around! And he/she must love Daddy's sermons! Hope Bella's ear infection goes away, along with that cough!

Gma Debbie said...

Karen, any hint on whether it is a boy or girl? This grandma would love to know so she can start shopping specifically for pumpkin. I feel so bad for Bella and Graydon. I have something I will be sending them soon. I finally got the last piece today.