Friday, May 16, 2014

Mary's 50's Housewife Bridal Shower

I enjoyed flying solo (literally) last weekend when I went back to Wisconsin for Mary's bridal shower. The theme was "50's Housewife".

These invites went out at the end of March. (Contact info obviously blocked.)


We drank from mason jars and guessed how much different items cost in the 1950s. 





 


This shower made it so easy to come up with practical prizes and decorations that will be used beyond the event.

Wooden spoon centerpieces (went to each of the bridesmaids).  


Wash cloth party favors. 


Cleaning product prizes thanks to my cousin Bridget!




Nora was the youngest "housewife". 




And Simon was the only boy.   


Mary and her bridesmaids.











Our authentic 1950s housewife - Grandma Helen!


I loved seeing all of the different outfits that the ladies came up with!









My mom made all of our aprons.


All the housewives!


Thanks again to all of the bridesmaids for helping to pull this off! (And thanks again Bridget for the majority of these pictures!)

Next event: Mary and Andy's wedding!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun party! Your family always has such a good time. Happy Blessings to the (to be) newlyweds!

mary said...

Omg...between traveling anf wedding planning I havent been on here in forever. Can you send me the last pic of everyone on the front steps.
Thank you again...I LOVED it!!!

Unknown said...

I would love to get a PNG of your shower invitation so I can personalize it for a bridal shower we are doing. Do you share it or sell it? Thank you, Lynette

mackyton said...

This is really useful information on bridal shower party. I am arranging my sister-in-law’s bridal shower party and looking for exquisite wedding venues NYC. Came to know about some amazing venues and planning to book best venue soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen
I absolutely love this invitation and searched the internet to purchase this design. My daughter is getting married and has requested a retro themed shower. Can you point me in the direction of where to purchase or create? I am more than happy to pay for an Ai copy or even any other information that would help us make these lovely invites.
Thank you so much in advance for any help.
Liz

Will Smothers said...

Hi Karen, do you sell the png for the retro shower invitation? Thank you so much in advance for any help.
Toni