Thursday, May 22, 2014

May Days

When I flew back to Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago, my dad picked me up at the airport and then brought me to his work.  After all of these years of him working for this company, I had never been there before.  Here he is in his office!  And in less than a year now, he will pack up his stuff and RETIRE!  My dad works SO hard and we are all so excited for that day. 
IMG_2119

I was still in Wisconsin on the morning of Mother's Day, so I actually got to see my mom this year. 
IMG_2123

Then I flew home to see my kids (and Andy).  A full and complete Mother's Day!
IMG_2138

Found a couple of selfies on my phone. 
IMG_0458

IMG_0459

Our first spinach harvest.  Now we can just go out there and pick some whenever we want a salad.  Loving it!
IMG_2143

We had a lot of documents in need of shredding.  Each of the kids helped out with this fun (to them) chore. 
IMG_2149

Andy brought in the recycle bin for easy dumping.  And we completely filled it!
IMG_2151

IMG_2153

This past Sunday, we went to an event on a historic property called 'Victorian Times'. 
IMG_2160

I felt like we were in 'Alice in Wonderland'. "Painting the roses red. . . " kept running through my head.
IMG_2162

We sat in on a lesson in tea etiquette, saw juggling jesters, puppeteers, and dancers. 
IMG_2164

Bella played 'The Game of Graces'.  Each player gets two wooden sticks and they toss a wooden hoop decorated in ribbons back and forth.  This was, apparently, a good game for little girls back then as it didn't involve lots of running around and getting dirty.  Bella really enjoyed it and wants to make one for herself. 
IMG_2165

Free face painting!
IMG_2167

IMG_2168

IMG_2169

Monday was Graydon's preschool class field trip to a nature center. 
IMG_2173

IMG_2174

And today the boys' playgroup went to a local fire house. 
IMG_2180

IMG_2183

Busy, but wonderful days. 

No comments: