Saturday, June 28, 2014

Happy birthday, Curtis!

Curtis Michael is FOUR today!

Look at how much he has grown. . .

June 28, 2010
100_5333

June 28, 2011
IMG_4866b

June 28, 2012
IMG_9953

June 28, 2013
IMG_2324

When I think of Curtis, the first two words that come to mind are silly. . . and sweet.  He likes to make crazy faces when I'm trying to take his picture and to run around the house in nothing but his underwear.  He tells me that he's not a big boy or a little boy, he's just medium.  He likes cars, legos, super heroes, Ninja Turtles, riding his bike, and playing "games" (video games - which we have to limit because he likes them a bit too much, just like Graydon used to).  He can still throw a tantrum or two (especially when we take away "games").  And he is still my pickiest eater.  But he does like Daddy's eggs and will rarely refuse watermelon. 

He's also likely to come up to me and say, "Mommy, can you snuggle me?"  Or, "I really love you, Mommy."  He has a way of using his words to make people feel special.  A few days ago when we visited a friend's shore house, he walked in and said, "this house is really beautiful."  And he said that her dog had "cute eyes." 

His favorite song is, "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" and I will often hear him singing the chorus to himself.  Graydon is his best friend and though they fight, all of the mischief and laughter they share more than makes up for it.  He likes being "one of the guys" with Daddy and Graydon and often talks about "when I'm a man. . . "  Thankfully, we still have lots of time before then.  But, these years do go fast and that's why I'm determined to enjoy them as fully as I can.

Happy Birthday, Curtis!  You are such a treasure and I thank God so much for blessing our family with you!



1 comment:

Mary said...

He's adorable and love him to pieces! Hope he had a great birthday!!