Monday, February 23, 2015

Winter Wonderland

Between delayed starts and snow days, the kids haven't had a full day of school in over a week!  Not that we're complaining.  We have been having so much fun in the snow!

On this particular day, it was chilly and I didn't want to go out.  All three kids got their snow gear on by themselves.  The only thing I think I had to do was tie a scarf or help with mittens.  And then they were off and I could enjoy watching them from the comfort of a warm dining room.  It is times like these when I can definitely appreciate this phase of life that we are in.
IMG_0805 Pink cheeks!
IMG_0829

IMG_0830

Saturday brought more snow fall and warmer temperatures which created the perfect packing snow!  Even I went out to play.  Graydon and I made this snowman. 
IMG_0831

IMG_0821

IMG_0832 Bella and I made this snow fort.
IMG_0822
IMG_0833 When we were worn out from that, we did a little sledding and snowboarding.  Well, Bella snowboarded.  I fell down a lot.  Bella actually took some video of me, just for fun.  These few attempts were actually my most successful.  And I am wearing one of Bella's spare pair of snowpants which is why they are short and the straps are hanging down.
She makes it look so easy!  When I was going down the hill, it felt like I was going fast and falling hard.  When I watch the replay, everything looks so much slower!  I guess it goes to show. . . a thrill seeker - I am not. 

It's been a bit wiggly for a couple of weeks, but on Sunday night, Graydon lost his first tooth!  He was outside on the swing set with Bella and they came in with "a surprise"!
IMG_0828

IMG_0834

The tooth fairy brought him a dollar.  He was expecting an iPod.  :)
IMG_0836


3 comments:

mcbenetti said...

That's a great looking snowman!

Lori Benetti said...

Aww Graydon lost his first tooth?? These kids are growing up way too fast

Kreuser Family said...

Lol! I love that Graydon was expecting an Ipod!!