Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday, Curtis!

Curtis is SIX today!

Look at how much he has grown. . .

2010
100_5333

2011
IMG_4866b

2012
IMG_9953

2013
IMG_2324

2014
IMG_3703crop

2015
IMG_1674

It seems pretty unreal that my YOUNGEST child is SIX! It really just hit me a few weeks ago. I mean, I knew all year that he was five. . . and that six is the number that comes after five.  Just . . . six. Wow.

Some important moments from this past year include: starting kindergarten, going to Disney World, and losing his first two teeth.

He saved up his own money this year and bought a Kindle Fire - his very own tablet. He loves to play games on there and to read on RAZ-kids. His favorite toys are still Legos. If I'm wondering where he is, my first thought is to check his room and 95% of the time, I will find him laying on him tummy on the floor with Legos scattered all around him as he builds some creation. I love that they keep him so occupied and that he's using his imagination. When he watches TV, Graydon seems to be the one who chooses the show or movie, but if he could have his way, his favorite show to watch is Ultimate Spiderman.

Curtis had a great first year of Elementary school and has made many great friends. He has also learned SO MUCH in one year! He started kindergarten still struggling with all of his letters. Now he knows all of the uppercase and lowercase letters as well as 80+ sight (rainbow) words and he can sound out tons more. Plus he can count to 100. I'm pretty proud of him. It wasn't always easy for him, but he did it! And as a result, he really enjoys reading. I hope that continues as he grows.

He is probably our most laidback, go-with-the-flow kid. He doesn't get too upset about too many things and his personality is fun and silly. We all love him so much!  Here are some of the highlights from this past year of Curtis's life. . .



Happy birthday sweet boy!

No comments: