Bella had her first basketball game this past week. I did my best with the photos, but I only had my cell phone with me. She was moving pretty quickly, so she's blurry. She'd been so nervous leading up to this game - just didn't feel prepared. Then she ended up injuring her thumb at practice the night before the first game, which didn't help things. She was able to play throughout the whole game and score a couple of baskets. They ended up winning with a score of 21-18.

She just passed the ball. I missed the photo by a split second.

Feeling pretty relieved to have that first game behind her!

The kids received this 500 piece puzzle from Mimi Jane. We put all of the pieces out on the kitchen table after we got back from WI and finished it in a few days. It's a 3D puzzle, which made it extra tricky.

Unfortunately, it remains incomplete. I think the missing puzzle pieces find their way to wherever all of the missing socks go.

Just as the kids went back to school this week, so did I. I'm taking three classes this semester, which is going to have me pretty busy. Because everything is online, keeping track of everything can be challenging. The best method I have found is going through each syllabi and all of the course workshops to write down in my planner the books and chapters I need to read each week, discussion and response due dates, and all assignments, papers, and presentations. I spent about five hours on this last Saturday - which was made a little difficult since Mabel insisted on being in my lap.


It felt good to get a good overview of the semester and to have everything organized in my planner. And then a few days later, Mabel did this!

She doesn't usually chew things up anymore. I'm wondering if a little bit of food may have landed on that page? She chewed all the way through to March; so I had to go back and write in some of the assignments again. I wasn't the happiest with her.
But she does look pretty sorry.

Actually, later that day we noticed that she broke a nail. I have a photo of it, but it's gross so I won't share. The nail literally split in half from top to bottom - which left the quick exposed. I'm sure it hurt her quite a bit. She spent a lot of time licking it.
Graydon is now responsible for doing his own laundry from start to finish: wash, dry, fold, and put away. This new chore came out of a conversation we recently had with him about playing Fortnite. This is a game that he has wanted to play for several months. We told him "no" back then with the addendum that we would discuss it again when he turned ten. Well, he didn't forget! We sat down and had a grown-up meeting where he shared why he would like to play the game and why he thinks we should let him. We shared our concerns about the game with him and said that, if we allow him, it would come with limitations (only one hour/day and only two days a week plus Saturday). In addition, we gave him the new job of laundry. He also cannot play if there are any clothes on the floor - so all of his clothes need to be either put away or in the hamper. So far, it seems to be a pretty good arrangement.


He's become a really good at the KonMari method of folding shirts.

Southern Indiana finally got its first big snowfall! We woke up on Saturday morning to a winter wonderland. Conveniently, we live by the best sledding hill in town. Mabel's interests perked when she heard the squeals of the children and saw the dog that one of the families brought with them.

She was so excited to go outside, so we took her. Here she is meeting her new friend. They just stared at each other for a solid minute - both of them frozen in those positions.

They slowly got closer to each other and just sniffed each other for a while.

This little extrovert was really happy to have made a new friend.

And of course, we did some sledding.

Andy made a little snow ramp.





Even more snow fell that night, so everyone's back out sledding again today!

No comments:
Post a Comment