Monday, January 07, 2019

Christmas in Wisconsin Part One

I tried to be intentional about taking a lot of photos this trip, which I was successful at. Due to that volume, however, I'm breaking up our Christmas vacation into two different posts. First up: Verona!

We loaded up the van on December 26th and made our way up to Wisconsin. The drive was smooth and we were dropping off Mabel at my aunt's house by lunch time. After a lunch stop and bathroom break, we were back on the road to Verona. Andy's parents moved to a new house in November, so it was exciting to arrive and see it.

The kids always look forward to seeing their cousins.
IMG_7868

Time with family is the best.
IMG_7869

IMG_7870

IMG_7871

IMG_7876

Laura and I got to sneak away for some girl time. A little shopping. . . a little afternoon Bloody Mary. I enjoyed our time together and feel so thankful for our friendship.
IMG_7875 2

Here's a happy guy.
IMG_7877

Charlie got a new 4x4 Rubik's Cube and taught himself to solve it while we were there! He is fast.
IMG_7881

All the presents were wrapped. It's time for Christmas again!
IMG_7882

IMG_7883

Checking out the gifts and seeing whose names went with each package.
IMG_7884

IMG_7887

The long-awaited gift opening is finally here!
IMG_7889

I snapped some photos while taking a video. The photo quality isn't as good when I do that, but I want to remember some of these moments frozen in time - so I'm including them.
IMG_7891

IMG_7896

IMG_7897

IMG_7909

IMG_7910

IMG_7922

IMG_7925

IMG_7927

Kilps Family 2018.
IMG_7929

The ladies! We're a little outnumbered.
IMG_7930

Meal prepping. Tim and Laura made some really tasty roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. I'm generally not a brussel sprout fan, but these may have won me over.
IMG_7928

The next day we loaded up the van again and headed to Kenosha.

No comments: