Thursday, July 02, 2026

Texas

At the end of May, I flew down to Texas to celebrate my niece's high school graduation. I was going to be gone for a week and wanted to pack everything in my carry-on, so I used the sudoku method of outfit planning (3 tops, 3 bottoms, and 3 layering pieces) to create multiple outfit combinations. It worked perfectly. 

Due to transportation availability, I arrived at the airport three hours early. I did not mind sitting there and reading my book while sipping on iced coffee. The only downside was that the Indianapolis Airport was super air conditioned and, even with my sweater on, I was freezing. I spent extra time washing my hands after using the restroom because the water coming out was nice and hot! 

Sydney's graduation was held at the HEB Center in Austin, Texas. Her graduating class was about ten times the size of Bella's. There were over 600 students! 


The graduate! 

The Texas Benettis.

Sisters!

Lori and me with Sydney.

Lots of love for Sydney. 

My parents rented a house and we turned this into a vacation. While enjoying my coffee one morning, Bella texted me for pics about the house (I was the only one from our family who was able to make it), so I took a few. 

Mary had to work during the day, so she took up residence in the dining room. 

A little leftover section from Sydney's graduation party.

The house had a pretty fantastic backyard! 

The week was really fun and super relaxing. I ended up reading two books! 

No comments: